Local Day Hikes
The day hiking options just outside of Lander are perfect for an after work run, bike or hike with the dogs. Or make it an all-day excursion with the kids. In any direction from town you'll find a scenic and relaxing outing that will take your mind off the daily grind.
Local Day Hiking Options:
- Popo Agie Falls – 3 miles round trip. Drive up SinksCanyon to Bruce’s Parking Area, the large parking area just before the start of the switchbacks, and park. Carefully cross the road and a bridge over the Middle Fork of the PopoAgieRiver to start this popular day hike.
- SinksCanyon Nature Trail – Park at the end of the Popo Agie campground in SinksCanyonState Park. Cross the suspension bridge and explore a series of loops on the South side of the canyon. A great place to run.
- LegLake Cirque – Park at Worthen Reservoir Trailhead and take the Roaring Fork Lake Trail. Follow the middle drainage to LegLake.
- Blue Ridge/Cony Mountain – 1.7 miles. Short hike to an old fire lookout or continue on 4WD road to wilderness border to access ConyMountain or UpperSilasLake. Follow FS 131 from SinksCanyon up switchbacks to signed trailhead for Blue Ridge, park on the left.
- ChristinaLake – 8 mile round trip. Follow directions for Blue Ridge hike but continue past Blue Ridge to trailhead at FiddlersLake.
- Stough Creek Basin -- Park at Worthen Meadows trailhead and take the Stough Creek Basin trail